Saturday, May 11, 2013

Camp Fire Songs!

It was such a wonderful day. But... It couldn't come to an end without friendly songs around the camp fire!


We sang lots of songs.

 Ms. Malcom taught us a song called "My Teacher Don't Wear No Socks". It was a funny song. One verse went like this....

My teacher don't wear no socks (a ding dong).
I saw her when she took them off (a ding dong).
She threw them in my lunch (a ding dong).
Mrs. Stowe went crunch, crunch, crunch (a ding dong dong dong dong, a ding dong dong dong dong, a ding dong). 

There were several funny verses. The kids loved it!



Mrs. Stowe taught us the traditional camp fire song, "Kum bah yah". The song was accompanied by the guitar!


 Mr. John taught us a song that we had never heard before. The kids, especially Mettano, loved it. Below is a video of us singing this song!





Camp fire fun!




Our last song was "Make New Friends". It goes like this...

Make new friends, but keep the old.
One is silver but the other's gold.
The circle's round, but never ends.
That's how long I want to be your friend!

We all held hands. It was precious. Our friends, Ms. Washington and Mr. Wingard (also our speech therapists) joined us as well!



We are all still talking about our camp out. Hunter told me the other day that we needed to bring the tent back. We will look forward to our annual camp out every year!

1 comment:

Elisa said...

What a fabulous idea. I teach life skills in Oregon and I'd love to "borrow" many of your activities.