Thursday, February 17, 2011

To: Jameer; Love: Tony!

This story is one of the sweetest of the year. This morning, Jameer did not come to school. When Tony arrived and noticed that Jameer was absent, he got a very sad look on his face. I asked him where he thought Jameer was and he said that Jameer was sick. I then asked him if he wanted to make Jameer a card. He became very excited and said that he wanted to. I laid all of the materials on the table (folded construction paper, crayons, etc.) and walked away for just a second. When I returned, Tony had already written Jameer's name on the front of the card! I was amazed and thought it was precious!

Tony and I talked about what he wanted to write to Jameer. Below is what we came up with!


Tony then wanted to draw a picture of him and Jameer. He drew the picture below of him and Jameer holding hands!

As adults, we cherish friendships such as these! I was so moved by Tony's concern with Jameer's absence and his display of kindness! The love of a child is an amazing thing!

Jameer, please come back to school on Tuesday! I don't think Tony can tolerate another day without you! :-)

No comments: