Friday, February 18, 2011

Spelling Test!

On Monday, Lucy sat at the table to take her spelling test. Eliana walked over and, in the clearest sentence that I've heard her say this year, said "I want to take a spelling test". Of course, we jumped at the opportunity to see what she could do.
So... we sat her behind Lucy and gave her all of the materials that she would need. I must admit that I wasn't sure how she would do. It was the first time that she had ever shown an interest in the way that words are spelled. We began the spelling test and Eliana participated fully as Lucy wrote her words.
When it was over, I took a look at Eliana's paper. She had spelled EVERY single word right! Yay! Even better news, we had two 100% that day!! Way to go Lucy and Eliana! We are so proud of you both!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Ms.Malcom. You guys are soooo good at what you do. Good job Eliana!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you. I know you mother is smiling down from Heaven!! Love ya. Love Uncle Boom.

Kimberly Malcom said...

I totally agree Uncle Boom Boom! Mrs. Edwards was a wonderful woman! I know that Eliana is making her so proud!