Saturday, May 10, 2008

Teacher Appreciation Week!

Last week (May 5th-9th) was Teacher's Appreciation Week! This year has been such a great year for me! I have had wonderful students and wonderful parents! In such a short time, our students have learned so much and come so far! I am so very proud of them and so very proud to be their teacher!
On Tuesday, Lucy brought me flowers in celebration of Teacher's Appreciation Week. She was very proud and told me that she picked them out of her own yard!! This was such a sweet gesture and I really did appreciate them! They were so beautiful! Lucy also surprised me with various other gifts throughout the week! Thanks to Lucy and her family!

On Thursday, I had several meetings and was a little stressed out (although I tried not to let it show). Even so, Tradarius seemed to know that I needed a little "cheering up". While I was at my meetings, the whole class (led by Tradarius) went outside to pick me some flowers! Isn't this the cutest picture ever?

When I returned to the room, I was very surprised to see a vase filled with flowers that they had hand-picked for me!! A tear came to my eye as I pictured all of them outside trying to find the perfect flower for my beautiful bouquet! This sure did cheer me up!

On Friday, Ms. Summers (Eric's mom) showed up with cards, gifts, and balloons for all of us teachers. She also brought hot wings, fries, chips, cookies, and drinks for everyone to enjoy in celebration of Teacher's Appreciation Week! We are so thankful to Ms. Summers for d0ing this for us!! We are truly thankful to her and the time, support, and love that she gives to us and our students!


In the end, I must say that this was such a wonderful week! I want to thank all of you that made this week so special for us! We greatly appreciate all that you do as well!!

No comments: